[pypy-dev] Re: extreme slowness

holger krekel hpk at trillke.net
Wed Nov 24 11:04:43 CET 2004

[Michael Hudson Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 09:53:18AM +0000]
> Michael Hudson <mwh at python.net> writes:
>
> > A few small hacks allowed me to pass the issue currently blocking
> > (attached, why not).  Then I thought it got stuck in an infinite loop,
> > but no, it was merely being very, very slow.  It takes about 15
> > minutes to crash on tismerysoft.de, a 3 Ghz P4, so I'd guess at least
> > an hour on this machine, maybe quite a bit more than that.
>
> Or alternatively it will run my machine out of swap.  Oh well!
>
> I guess all the debugging history stuff we keep doesn't exactly help
> from this point of view.

yes, i guess "-text" should turn debugging history off because without
the flowviewer you stand no chance of browsing this information anyway.
Also, interspersed "if debughistory: ..." would make it more
obvious what is just there  for debugging purposes and what is
really needed for annotation/translation to work properly.

cheers,

    holger