[pypy-dev] Congratulations to the Pypy team

Holger Krekel hpk at trillke.net
Fri Nov 26 18:16:21 CET 2004

Hi Xavier,

[Xavier Heymans Fri, Nov 26, 2004 at 06:01:08PM +0100]
> Hi Holger,
>
> At the conference the Pypy project was presented as approved. It was listed
> within the EU projects the day before. I think you are among the first open
> source projects approved. So I guess you have a 99% change to get it trough.
> The Eu commissioner explained that it had been difficult to support it
> because most people do not understand how open source is organized.

Indeed, both sides have to learn i presume.

> I would be interested to receive information about your project because the
> same work has to be done with Zope, Plone, ... Who should I contact?

As we two are scheduled to meet sometime in December we can
have a beer over it :-)  Also I am going to give a talk about
EU/PyPy/open source funding issues at the chaos communication
conference (CCC) in Berlin end of this year.

Other than that I suppose it all depends a bit on the nature
of your questions who you should best talk to.

cheers,

    holger