[pypy-dev] utest, development and discussion

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Sun Sep 26 09:42:43 CEST 2004

I'm interested in using utest for a project of mine, where the tests
have gotten a bit out of control -- utest won't control them, but as
long as I'm revisiting everything, I figured I might move to a test
system I liked.  Also, I want to make adding tests more accessible for
other contributors.

First question: I'm not being dumb if I convert all my tests to utest,
am I?  Not that utest is really a framework like unittest... but if I
spend lots of time fiddling with test code, it would be a shame if utest
went into disrepair, or was rewritten in a radically different way.
Maybe that's not too big an issue, because utest doesn't really have an
API, but since utest isn't used much outside of pypy (that I know of) I

Anyway, I've started working with it some.  I've added one small feature
(dropping into pdb when an exception occurs), and there's sure to be
some more, particularly documentation.  Where should I send patches?
Where should discussion occur?  And maybe a website?

Ian Bicking  /  ianb at colorstudy.com  / http://blog.ianbicking.org