[pypy-dev] Next step: gen???.py

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Fri Apr 1 11:20:15 CEST 2005

Hi Christian,

On Thu, Mar 31, 2005 at 06:58:40PM +0200, Christian Tismer wrote:
> I always wondered btw., why you have the annotation
> data elsewhere. I would have augmented it to the block structure.
> Changing the flow graph to contain the info is even more rude, but
> very nice!

The annotator's own flow-and-reflow nature makes it best to dissociate the
data it (mis-)handles from the immutable inputs it gets, but you're right: the
typer.py could probably just stick type information on the Variable and
Constant objects of the flow graph.  This probably makes even more sense given
that there is no sane other way to put type information on constants (e.g.
this "1" here is an int but that "1" over there is a PyObject).

Armin