[pypy-dev] result of mini-sprint / documentation

holger krekel hpk at trillke.net
Mon Apr 18 01:26:45 CEST 2005

Hi folks,

Armin and me have spent today on largely reworking and
refactoring PyPy's documentation.  On

    http://codespeak.net/pypy/index.cgi?doc

you'll see a cleaned up entry page and navigation bar,
and much cleaned up and cross-referenced content.

Moreover, the integrity of the links in the ReST files
are now checked within our testing process.  If you issue::

    python test_all.py documentation

then ReST-checks as well as link checks are performed.  If you
provide the '-R' option then also all remote links are checked
for existence.  Running 'py.test' or 'python test_all.py' in
the pypy directory will run the non-remote documentation
checks by default.

Our documentation rework should provide a good basis for
continued updating and improvement of the documentation.
Btw, there is a 'redirections' file which contains a mapping
from old names to new names/locations which the web site uses
to map old URLs to new places (via a Redirect). Try e.g.:

    http://codespeak.net/pypy/index.cgi?doc/howtopypy.html

or any other old URL.

Feedback (and helping with improving the documentation further)
is very welcome!

cheers,

    holger