[pypy-dev] restructuring lib-python-2.3.4 / testing

holger krekel hpk at trillke.net
Fri Apr 29 11:42:27 CEST 2005

Hi Armin,

On Fri, Apr 29, 2005 at 10:18 +0100, Armin Rigo wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 03:31:38PM +0200, holger krekel wrote:
> > With the above proposed location i would suggest
> > to put this result directory into:
> >
> >     lib/python-2.3.4-testresult/
> >
> > If there are no objections (even better: agreement :-)
> > i am doing that this night or tomorrow.
>
> In complement with what you said: the idea here is that if you go to
> lib-python-2.3.4/test/ and run py.test (with or without specific test names),
> by default the test is run "the slow way" (i.e. by running py.py test_xyz.py)
> and its output is recorded in a file result/test_xyz.txt, together with some
> information like revision number, date/time, etc.
>
> Holger: I am now thinking that you were absolutely right when you suggested
> one test-result directory per user.  I re-ran some tests, now I do an 'svn
> up', and I get conflicts, of course.

Sure enough.

> One directory per user at hostname would even be better.  However, this will
> create a whole lot of data, so it might be best to put it at some place
> outside the pypy/dist root, if possible...

If you put it outside of dist then the usual pypy checkout will not
contain that directory, alas.

For the time being, we should either live with the conflicts (not so nice)
or move it to a user at hostname directory.  This will also reduce
the diffs, making 'svn up' rather cheap in terms of network bandwidth.

Eventually, we want to have a 'sendreport' option that sends a report
to codespeak where it gets integrated into an HTML view.  But that
is not going to happen in the next days so i suggest to just move
to the user at hostname directory and move the current stuff to 'mixed at mixed'.

cheers,

    holger