[pypy-dev] restructuring lib-python-2.3.4 / testing

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Fri Apr 29 12:13:42 CEST 2005

Hi Holger,

On Fri, Apr 29, 2005 at 11:42:27AM +0200, holger krekel wrote:
> If you put it outside of dist then the usual pypy checkout will not
> contain that directory, alas.

Yes, that was my intent.  If we have 6 or 7 subdirectories with 1.5MB of text
each (7MB total disk usage in working copy), it makes a check-out heavy,
particularly for people who just want to grab the current version and play a
bit with it.

> For the time being, we should either live with the conflicts (not so nice)
> or move it to a user at hostname directory.  This will also reduce
> the diffs, making 'svn up' rather cheap in terms of network bandwidth.

Right, so maybe we shouldn't care about the 'svn co' cost.

> is not going to happen in the next days so i suggest to just move
> to the user at hostname directory and move the current stuff to 'mixed at mixed'.

Ok.

Armin