[pypy-dev] restructuring lib-python-2.3.4 / testing

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Fri Apr 29 12:59:38 CEST 2005

Hi,

On Fri, Apr 29, 2005 at 12:39:10PM +0200, holger krekel wrote:
>     cd lib-python-2.3.4/test
>     svn co http://codespeak.net/svn/pypy/testresult result
>
> and within that we have
>
>     user at hostname
>
> directories.  An 'svn co pypy-dist' or 'svn up pypy-dist' would not retrieve
> the test report files. you have to explicitely 'svn co/up report'
> which we could of course automate (at least on systems that have a 'svn'
> binary in their path).

Done.  If you just run py.test now, all the tests are skipped and you get a
nice explanation about what you should do to retreive the 'result' directory
manually.  This way, it is by default kept out of the way, and we can feel
free to check-in lots of stuff in there without worrying about it getting part
of a normal 'svn co' of the 'dist' root.

Armin