[pypy-dev] internal website changes

holger krekel hpk at trillke.net
Tue Aug 23 11:27:43 CEST 2005

Hi pypy-dev,

today i'd like to internally restructure the PyPy website and the
documentation in particular.   It seems sensible to do this
before the next release that we are currently working on at
the Heidelberg sprint.

The goal of the new scheme is to get rid of the dynamic '.cgi'
script handling and instead be able to generate the website by
going into pypy/doc and issueing 'py.test' which will then
generate static web pages that you can preview locally.  It also
checks referential integrity and with '-R' you can check remote
URLs from the documentation.

As a result, the URLs will change but i'll try to
redirect the current URLs to the new location as good as
possible.  If you notice website-related problems later in the
afternoon then please mail me directly instead of spamming
pypy-dev.

The new scheme also should also enable us to do per-version
documentation of PyPy which will probably (hopefully? :-) become
an issue some time soon.

cheers,

    holger