[pypy-dev] pypy-0.7.0 is out!

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Mon Aug 29 12:02:49 CEST 2005

Hi Arthur,

On Sun, Aug 28, 2005 at 05:15:58PM -0500, Arthur Peters wrote:
> I tried translating pypy on my AMD64 laptop and it translated fine,
> compilation did finally run the machine out of ram.

As it got as far as generating the .c source, you can try aborting the
translation at this point and compiling the testing_1.c file manually
with no translate_pypy.py left in the background.  This also has the
advantage that you can control which options you pass to gcc, so you can
disable advanced optimizations.  E.g. (fix the paths, of course):

 $ cd /tmp/usession-NN/testing_1/
 $ gcc -c testing_1.c -o testing_1.o -I/usr/include/python2.4        \
                                     -I/path/to/pypy/translator/c
 $ gcc -lpthread -lm testing_1.o -o pypy-c

Armin