[pypy-dev] Comments from an observer

Ben.Young at risk.sungard.com Ben.Young at risk.sungard.com
Thu Dec 8 10:35:23 CET 2005

pypy-dev-bounces at codespeak.net wrote on 07/12/2005 17:21:18:

> Ben.Young at risk.sungard.com wrote:
> > Hi Holger,
> >
> > I understand. I probably came across more pessimistic than I actually
am.
> > It's just very easy to get excited by a project like this, and see the

> > endless possibilities (and not the endless hurdles)!
>
> Well, one hurdle is too few resources. I'd love to take that
> direction you proposed, partially, if I can find a PyPy core
> developer to help my company to fulfill its EU promises.
>
> Are you available? :-)

Believe me, there is nothing I would like more than to hack in and on
python all day. Unfortunately I don't think my wife would like me doing
all the travelling that seems to be involved. Plus, you'd have to beat a
big financial software company on pay ;-)

I really will try to find some time to help out. We've been having a very
bad few weeks recently, but after Christmas things should quiten down and
I may be able to help. I do still really want to come to a sprint. Maybe I
can sell it to my company as some sort of training :)

Cheers,
Ben