[pypy-dev] Using PyPy as a compiler

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Mon Feb 7 12:27:18 CET 2005

Hi Brett,

On Mon, Feb 07, 2005 at 12:23:47AM -0800, Hart's Antler wrote:
> > > mymodule.pyx:11:12: Syntax error in simple statement list
> > > that line from mymodule is:
> > >     cinline "Label2:"

This is really due to pyrexc not using our modified version.  If you look
inside pypy/tool/pyrexc, you will see that it is only a thin wrapper importing
Pyrex.  I guess that this finds the version of Pyrex that you have on your
system instead of our own, even though the autopath hackery is supposed to set
up the path so that it doesn't occur...  Well I guess you need to add some
print statements here and there to be sure of what version of the Pyrex
package was found.

Armin