[pypy-dev] Common Lisp translation broken

Adrien Di Mascio adimasci at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 21:16:27 CET 2005

Hi all,

I'm just beginning to play around with PyPy, and I got a traceback
when trying to translate Python code to CL code.
Here's the traceback :

#########
>>> t = Translator(test.if_then_else)
>>> t.cl()
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "translator.py", line 165, in cl
    return self.generatecode(GenCL, input_arg_types, func)
  File "translator.py", line 184, in generatecode
    self.entrypoint, ann)]
  File "translator.py", line 205, in generatecode1
    return g.emitcode(public)
TypeError: emitcode() takes exactly 1 argument (2 given)

#########

A quick and dirty (partial) fix could be to add a "public=True"
argument to the GenCL.emitcode() method, but I'm just a PyPy newbie
for now, I don't really know how everything works and I'm not a Lisp
Expert, so ... I just raise up the error here :-)

Cheers,
Adrien.