[pypy-dev] tests porting status

holger krekel hpk at trillke.net
Mon Jan 10 19:13:23 CET 2005

Hi Samuele,

On Mon, Jan 10, 2005 at 18:58 +0100, Samuele Pedroni wrote:
> All tests apart appspace tests and some tests in tool/test are ported to
> py.test.

great.

> The tool/test are easy to address.
>
> Given that appspace tests are currently run through CPython I wonder
> whether it would make sense to merge the branch, porting the few tests
> that were added to the head after the branch creation and think how to
> address exactly the appspace tests issue after that directly on the head.

I have done some work on the appspace tests to let them run
under PyPy.  I may try to get my fixes and extensions to
appspace-tests in but we don't need to wait with the
trunk-merge for that.

But, to be honest, our whole "appspace" organization is is
kind of broken.  I suggest that we try to integrate CPython's
regression tests in a more automateable and more systematic
way.

> This would allow whatever work is going to happen on the head between
> now and the sprint to use py.test tests.

I generally agree.  However, i don't know how well py.test
works on Windows, yet.  There are apparently people using it
on windows but i haven't checked myself and don't know a
complete status.  It would be good to check that PyPy's
py-tests do run on Win32 before merging with the branch.  (The
tests apparently work under OSX and linux at least).

cheers,

    holger