[pypy-dev] test_file fails, hard-coded tmp dir to blame?

holger krekel hpk at trillke.net
Mon Jan 17 10:37:06 CET 2005

Hi Khalid,

On Mon, Jan 17, 2005 at 02:29 +0000, A.B., Khalid wrote:
> test_file fails at this end. It seems that it tries to create a '/tmp/tt'
> file, but it fails. This is so because my temp directory is at
> '/windows/temp' not '/tmp'.

Yes, this hardcoded temp path is wrong.

> If I correctly understand this problem, then find attached a fix that got
> the test to pass. Hope that helps.

It fixes the problem but it will create more and more temporary directories.
In PyPy, we have a "pypy.tool.udir.udir" which gets globally created for
every test run. Older test session directories will get removed so we
don't clutter temp-directories so much .... i just fixed it accordingly.

> PS. In case the developers here are interested to know, all the tests pass
> now on this box, including the JAVA and LISP ones which are made to use
> Jikes (version 1.20) and GNU CLISP (version 2.33) on Win98, MinGW built
> Python 2.3.5.0 (from CVS), and GCC 3.4.2 (MinGW special).

Ah, that sounds good!  Yesterday i spent some time to get the tests
to fail more nicely if java/lisp/C cannot be found.  So we have covered
both ends :-)

cheers,

    holger