[pypy-dev] Re: [pypy-svn] r8324 - pypy/trunk/src/pypy/translator/test

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Mon Jan 17 17:00:59 CET 2005

Hi Holger,

On Mon, Jan 17, 2005 at 12:08:01AM +0100, hpk at codespeak.net wrote:
> Log:
> skip tests if underlying system features (c-compiler mostly)
> are not present.

> -        return t.ccompile()
> +        return py.test.skip_on_error(t.ccompile)

Ahem!  This looks like it is saying "run the difficult part that we are
testing, but if anything goes wrong, just skip the test".

The test *is* that t.ccompile() works correctly, and only additionally that
calling the compiled function works.  In practice it's more common that there
is an exception-raising bug in genc.py, which is called by t.ccompile().

Armin