[pypy-dev] new repolayout proposal

holger krekel hpk at trillke.net
Mon Jan 17 18:15:21 CET 2005

On Sat, Jan 15, 2005 at 13:03 +0100, holger krekel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> please find a draft of an envisioned new PyPy repository layout here:
>
>     http://codespeak.net/pypy/index.cgi?doc/newrepolayout.html
>
> i plan to implement this new scheme early next week when we discussed
> and possibly modified it some. It does not try to prescribe
> the complete structure of all directories yet.

OK, i got positive feedback so far.  So i think i am going
to start implementing the new scheme tomorrow morning.

It will be a multi-step process but i will take care that
especially the busy development-tree has no downtime (once
trunk/src stops working you should just issue

    svn switch http://codespeak.net/svn/pypy/dist

to switch your local checkout to the upcoming "trunk".)

People working on e.g. pypy/branch/src-typedunwrap
need _not_ change anything if i see it correctly.
Of course, we need to take care when we merge back the
changes into dist.

I will probably be available on IRC #pypy  if you
encounter problems.

cheers,

    holger