[pypy-dev] Refining terminology

holger krekel hpk at trillke.net
Tue Jul 12 18:50:05 CEST 2005

Hi Armin,

On Tue, Jul 12, 2005 at 18:42 +0200, Armin Rigo wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 12, 2005 at 12:19:33PM +0200, holger krekel wrote:
> > Well, maybe we should just go through the effort of
> > creating a "glossary" containing the basic vocabulary
> > we are using for describing what PyPy does and how
> > it works.
>
> Yes, it makes sense.  We already discussed this at least once, but
> didn't bring it to a more concrete conclusion.  Maybe we should just
> start a pypy/documentation/glossary.txt and start linking to/from it.

Good idea, first thing i would like to know what exactly "PBC access
sets", "family of classes" and a few other things are :-)

More seriously, i think that the increasing size of PyPy's
documentation makes it more difficult to choose the right
link targets. So i am not sure we should intend to link to
the glossary unless the glossary itself back-points
to relevant sections.

cheers,

    holger