[pypy-dev] targetpypy

Samuele Pedroni pedronis at strakt.com
Fri Jul 15 19:20:57 CEST 2005

Ben.Young at risk.sungard.com wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I've been running translate_pypy -text targetpypy every couple of days
> recently, to see how things are progressing, but I always get the same
> error:
>
> ImportError: No module named _formatting
>
> Is this a known problem, or am I doing something wrong?

the target we are currently working with is targetpypymain,
which disables geninterp for now.

targetpypy is somehow obsolete at this point, I will remove it.

Anyway you discovered a problem in the logic that searches for lib
in geninterp.translate_as_module vs. the import redirection done by
translate_pypy to the pypy-translation-snaptshot; targetpypy is not
disabling geninterping so this shows up. I will checkin a fix when
codespeak svn  is up again.

Thanks.