[pypy-dev] llvm2 update

Richard Emslie rxe at ukshells.co.uk
Fri Jul 15 23:01:54 CEST 2005

Hi all,

I've just added a dummy OpaqueType implementation and refactored the
database wrt to pbc nodes.  So pbcs are working for classes too now.

Here is a brief overview of things that (I think) still need to me done.

todo (probably in this order):

* exception flow of control

* any missing operations implementations (bit shifting for instance).
   These can be added when they are needed and should be straight forward.

* review and update external function implementations for new way of doing
   things

* overflows on ints/etc (more on that from Carl Friedrich...)

refactoring:

* should is_atomic() be a method?

* grep "XXX"s :-)

Of the above I am guess that exceptions are most interesting.  The unwind
/ invoke operations of llvm fits this quite well, but still need somewhere
to store the exception and do matching - unless I missed something?  Any
thoughts / takers?

Cheers,
Richard