[pypy-dev] next pypy sprints / some infos

holger krekel hpk at trillke.net
Wed Jul 20 20:18:58 CEST 2005

Hi folks,

first some quick notes regarding upcoming PyPy sprints.  After the
EuroPython 2005 sprint we decided that we are going for a
sprint that i am organizing at my living and working place,
Trillke-Gut in Hildesheim, Germany.  It is going to start 25th
July and last until 31st July 2005.  Especially already scheduled
participants please look at

    http://codespeak.net/pypy/index.cgi?extradoc/sprintinfo/Hildesheim2-sprint.html

for some more information (and correct wrong dates!).

The strong focus will be on getting a self-contained PyPy
version working.  Really. This time the sprint is only open for
everybody who already knows PyPy.  If you'd like to attend
please send me a private mail.  I am trying to find private
accomodation for everyone.

Please excuse the extremely short notice but the final
decision was only taken end of last week and i have been
somewhat busy.  Most of the currently active developers
knew about this coming for a longer time, though.

For the end of August 2005 Carl Friedrich Bolz is organizing
a sprint more open to new people.  This is going to take place
at the University of Heidelberg, Germany.  More details will
be announced soon.

While we are at it: in the further away future, it's likely there
will be a sprint in Paris around early October, organized by Logilab.

And if you can imagine helping us to organize a PyPy sprint at
your place, then please drop us a mail!  For example, we
haven't been to basically the whole of South Europe :-)

For your information, we have started last thursday a practise
of having all active pypy developers (and in particular those
involved in the PyPy/EU project) meet on IRC for 30 minutes.
This XP-style meeting is meant to synchronize our dev work better
and give us a body to quickly decide about directions and issues.
The first minutes of the pypy-sync meeting can be found here:

    http://codespeak.net/pypy/index.cgi?extradoc/minute/pypy-sync-07-14.html

This "active developers" meeting will take place every thursday
at 1pm (GMT+2/Berlin) for 30 minutes with a half-fixed agenda.
It is not really open to spectators, i guess.  Those have to
wait for the minutes :-)

If you have any questions or comments don't hesitate to
share them here on the list.

cheers,

    holger