[pypy-dev] New genc implementation

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Thu Jun 9 22:36:47 CEST 2005

Hi all,

On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 02:53:46PM +0200, Armin Rigo wrote:
> It is not plugged in yet, indeed.  There is one last missing bit before
> it can start replacing the old genc: generating function calls in the
> absence of low-level types.

We have done the switch now.  The old genc should no longer be
automatically used.  (It's still there because its tests are good tests
for -- confusingly -- the new 'c' translator which they now happen to
run with.)

The only test that still has failures is
translator/genc/test/test_typed.py, which has been renamed to
"inprogress_..." for now.  Feel free to run it manually to see what's

Also, we might have missed things that breaks horribly (a dist/demo/ maybe?).