[pypy-dev] pirate list

Michal Wallace michal at sabren.com
Mon Jun 13 05:15:30 CEST 2005

Hello, PyPy list :)

I've just started a new list for pirate,
a python compiler for the parrot virtual
machine.

Pirate is written in python and currently
uses the standard compiler package. However,
as parrot supports native types, I would like
to refactor it so that it can also work with
PyPy's type annotation system (and possibly
integrate with pypy in other ways)

The pirate website is here:

    http://pirate.tangentcode.com/

Quite a bit of work has been done on pirate
since I last updated the website back in 2003,
mostly by Sam Ruby of http://intertwingly.net/

Sam is giving a python-on-parrot presentation at
OSCON on August 4, so I'd like to get a few things
cleaned up before then - for example, updating the
site, creating a development roadmap, an fixing
the code to work with the latest version of
parrot, etc.

If you're interested in helping out with any of
these things, or just want to talk about pirate,
then feel free to hop on board. The signup page
is here:

Thanks!

Sincerely,

Michal J Wallace