[pypy-dev] Re: [pypy-svn] r9590 - in pypy/dist/pypy: annotation annotation/test translator/test

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Wed Mar 2 21:31:40 CET 2005

pedronis at codespeak.net writes:

> Author: pedronis
> Date: Wed Mar  2 19:40:07 2005
> New Revision: 9590
>
> Modified:
>    pypy/dist/pypy/annotation/classdef.py
>    pypy/dist/pypy/annotation/model.py
>    pypy/dist/pypy/annotation/test/test_model.py
>    pypy/dist/pypy/annotation/unaryop.py
>    pypy/dist/pypy/translator/test/snippet.py
>    pypy/dist/pypy/translator/test/test_annrpython.py
> Log:
> don't bump classdef revision number if only a fresher revision in an
> attribute is involved, notice that we still reflow even in this
> case.
>
> contains logic modified to let caller distinguish this situation,
> RevDiff (a false value) is returned if the only reason for a false
> contains relationship is rev numbers.
>
> without these changes the new test analysing make_eo would recurse
> infinititely.

At some point, we're *really* going to want to document some of this
stuff!  I.e. something approaching a proof of correctness and
termination for the annotator.  I guess having a correct and/or
terminating annotator would be a good start...

Cheers,
mwh

--
  <AdamV> SamB: PHP's basic control structure is the "database
          timeout error".                       -- from Twisted.Quotes