[pypy-dev] summaries on builtin types/modules

Samuele Pedroni pedronis at strakt.com
Fri Mar 11 19:51:39 CET 2005

holger krekel wrote:

>Hi Samuele,
>
>On Thu, Mar 10, 2005 at 00:57 +0100, Samuele Pedroni wrote:
>

>>I have played a bit with generating static html pages summarizing where
>>we stand wrt the implementations of builtins.
>>
>>A first cut can be seen starting here:
>>
>>http://codespeak.net/~pedronis/deltareports/modules-index.html
>>

>nice although i do not fully understand all results yet.
>

>>the numbers refer to totals, numbers/percent of missing for
>>functions/attributes of modules and/or classes/types.
>>
>>Red/maroon means missing, incomplete.
>>
>>Faked stuff is considered missing.
>>
>>There are buttons to switch locally to different sort orders.
>>

>It would be nice to have a small legend on the top of the
>pages or so.

I can probably swap the incompleteness bar with the text and make the
latter tell what exactly the numbers count.

>Moreover you should now be able to use the delta-report tool
>"pypy/tool/delta.py" directly on codespeak and if you look
>into /home/hpk/.svntrigger you'll see how you can automate the
>generation of the web pages upon svn-commits by putting an
>".svntrigger" file in your home directory.  I also added a
>getpypyrevision() helper to the deltareport tool (which is not
>used yet but should be).

I will try to look into that.

But as I said in the commit we probaly want to pin down a camonical set
of modules that we are really care about
and are interested in tracking. There's
http://codespeak.net/pypy/index.cgi?doc/cmodules.html but I don't think
we want to track everything there, especially not legacy or obscure stuff.