[pypy-dev] (no subject)

Ben.Young at risk.sungard.com Ben.Young at risk.sungard.com
Fri May 13 11:19:42 CEST 2005

Hi there,

I have been following the development of pypy and have a couple of
questions about the recent development.

I was wondering what the exact reasoning behind the new low level code. Is
it just there to replace the code templates that are in genc? or is there
a deeper reason? Already the code seems much more complicated than the
code templates (and seems to contain its own templates in rlist.p for
example). Will the new code be easily transferrable to other backends (e.g
llvm or java) or is it tied to the c stuff?

Sorry if these are silly questions, I am just trying to get a better
understanding of why all this stuff is changing when you seemed so close
to getting more goals finished.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers,
Ben