[pypy-dev] polishing / pypy-dev tracker

holger krekel hpk at trillke.net
Sat May 14 22:32:48 CEST 2005

Hi Armin,

On Sat, May 14, 2005 at 22:01 +0200, Armin Rigo wrote:
> On Sat, May 14, 2005 at 05:48:06PM +0200, holger krekel wrote:
> > - i am finalizing & testing the new PyPy development tracker
> >   and am interested in comments and people trying it out
> >   a bit.  It's currently located here:
> >
> >     https://codespeak.net/issue/pypy-dev/
>
> I guess I'll need some real data to judge, but it looks bad in links and
> pretty unusable in Netscape 4.74.

What or who is Netscape?

:-)

> I guess you can't easily do something
> about it, and I should go forward and install a recent browser and be
> patient every time I want to start it...

I'd like to try to make it reasonably work for links (and also for
netscape if feasible).  I guess it's the use of CSS which links
doesn't recognize at all ASFAIK.

But what is the main problem you are seeing?  (I just tried links and it
works as i would expect it given that it doesn't look at CSS.
but i don't use it much, so i don't know what you would expect).

> >   One of the new tracker features is that it's connected to svn
> >   checkins (based on Richard Jones's new integration code).
> >   If you commit to svn/pypy/dist with a a log message like:
> >
> >     issue40 resolved
> >
> >     This fixes a long standing issues blablabla
>
> This is great!  What are exactly the rules?

- the content "issueNN STATUS" has to be on a single otherwise
  empty line

- NN must be an existing issue number

- STATUS is one of the possible status values:

        unread
        chatting
        need-eg   (jargon for "need example")
        in-progress
        testing
        done-cbb  (jargon for 'done, could-be-better')
        resolved

I suggest we start working with the tracker tomorrow
(for organizing the release polishing tasks) and see what
we want to change about the tracker in the coming week.

One open question is if we want to use 'keywords' aka 'topics'.
One or more of them can be associated with each issue.

We could use the directory names in dist/pypy as initial
keywords/topic names so that it easy to correlate certain implementation
parts to an issue.  It also would allow us to define private or shared
queries such as "show me all issues relating to 'interpreter'".

cheers,

    holger