[pypy-dev] rel 0.8 coord meeting, 2pm GMT+1 monday 31 Oct 2005 on #pypy

holger krekel hpk at trillke.net
Tue Nov 1 09:36:11 CET 2005

Hi Samuele, hi all,

On Sun, Oct 30, 2005 at 21:19 +0100, Samuele Pedroni wrote:
> As already pointed out the scope of the 0.8 release is mainly:
>
> - Ship our integrated and now translated AST compiler

There is one thing i see missing and i think it wasn't
discussed at the release meeting: (more) documentation
about the AST compiler.  This seems sensible especially
if the focus of the release is the AST compiler ...

Adrien, Ludovic, do you already have something?
ASFAIK we only have rough documentation on the Parser
(in parser.txt) but none on the compiler?!   Maybe we
can take a bit from CPython and amend it to include
references to our file locations and some translation
aspects/motivations for our changes?

> - Ship the speed improvements we had since 0.7, which mainly
>  means updating the documentation that discuss current speed

also here i believe it should be explained what the main
steps were to obtain the major speed improvements.

cheers,

    holger