[pypy-dev] [lalo.martins at gmail.com: Re: Document drafts]

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Fri Nov 25 18:30:24 CET 2005

Hi,

Forwarded for Lalo, who cannot seem to post to pypy-dev, answering the
following:
> Hi all,
>
> People following only this mailing list may have missed some draft
> documents that we have been working on, as they are not linked to yet:
>
> http://codespeak.net/pypy/dist/pypy/doc/draft-dynamic-language-translation.html
> http://codespeak.net/pypy/dist/pypy/doc/draft-low-level-encapsulation.html

----- Forwarded message from Lalo Martins <lalo.martins at gmail.com> -----

I'm quite impressed with them, technically.  The only suggestions I have
about them are non-technical.

I find that many sentences are too long, without break.  It's a vice I
have myself, as a non-native writer.  Native readers often tell me, this
makes my text too heavy, too hard to parse.  Of course, the primary
target audience (in academia) will have higher tolerance to that, but
it's still somewhat bad style.  I'd sprinkle commas generously, at
least.  Try reading them out loud :-) (the sentences, not the commas)

best,
                                               Lalo Martins
http://www.laranja.org/          mailto:lalo.martins at gmail.com

----- End forwarded message -----