[pypy-dev] Re: Project suggestions

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Sun Oct 2 10:50:55 CEST 2005

Hi,

On Sat, Oct 01, 2005 at 10:23:31PM +0200, Armin Rigo wrote:
> Anyway, instead of hand-waving, I guess we really need to implement a
> non-C back-end soon enough, just to show that we *can*.  It's the whole
> point of the rather complicated translation architecture we've built.

BTW, I didn't forget LLVM here -- LLVM is very similar to C.  I meant
that we are missing a back-end for a higher-level language that comes
with its own complex VM, with its own concepts closer to RPython -- e.g.
the RPython strings, instances and classes typically have more direct
equivalents.

A bientot,

Armin