[pypy-dev] Problems with includes in translating the interpreter

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Sun Oct 2 11:35:03 CEST 2005

Hi,

First of all, thanks to you and Amaury and in general to people
reporting translation problems, it's much appreciated.  We are fixing
them along the way -- or else, will try to explain why the problem is
still there.

On Sun, Oct 02, 2005 at 12:57:58AM +0300, Elmo M?ntynen wrote:
> I also get this warning, incase you have missed it:
> /usr/include/python2.4/pyconfig.h:832:1: warning: "_POSIX_C_SOURCE" redefined

Should be gone by now :-)

> Compilation stopped and complained about not finding gc.h. Trying to
> find a quick solution, I hardcoded /usr/include/gc to genc.py at line
> 108. With that I get an healthy looking >>>>. I don't think it should be
> like that.

On my machine there is a /usr/include/gc.h.  But there is also an
identical /usr/include/gc/gc.h.  Go figure.  Maybe a more portable way
to include it in a program on Linux is via  #include <gc/gc.h>  ?

A bientot,