[pypy-dev] Trying pypy on Windows

Carl Friedrich Bolz cfbolz at gmx.de
Mon Oct 3 14:25:02 CEST 2005

Hi Armin!

Armin Rigo wrote:
[snip]

> One explanation might be that the input string seen is somehow different
> to what we expect.  I can remember a situation (not related to PyPy)
> where in some terminal using the Backspace key would apparently work,
> but actually be introduced as characters in the result -- e.g. the
> string would be '1-\x08+1' if you typed <1><-><backspace><+><1><enter>.
> Or maybe the string ends in '\r\n' and the tokenizer doesn't recognize
> the '\r'?

It seems that I had exactly this problem with pypy-c (unfortunately I
don't remember on which machine, so I can't reproduce it at the moment):
backspace seemed to work but on every line where I used it, I would get
an "Unknown character"-error. I'll try to find it again.

[snap]

Cheers,

Carl Friedrich