[pypy-dev] Performance results on Windows

Ben.Young at risk.sungard.com Ben.Young at risk.sungard.com
Wed Oct 19 15:37:06 CEST 2005

Here are my results of compiling python on Windows with different options:

executable                  richards           pystone            size
(MB)
pypy-c                     49900   64.5x      953.5   41.4x       9.586
pypy                       48791   63.1x      956.9   41.2x       9.633
python 2.4.1                 773    1.0x    39434.2    1.0x       0.004

pypy-c is the standard compiled pypy

pypy is compiled from a hand-built project with the following options:

/Ox /Og /Ob2 /Oi /G7

Which is full program optimization + inline + P4 optimizations. As you can
see, there's not much difference, but this is with refcounting which
accounts for most of the runtime. I'll attach the project file incase
anyone else wants a go:

Cheers,
Ben