[pypy-dev] Re: [pypy-svn] r18743 - pypy/dist/pypy/module/stackless

Laura Creighton lac at strakt.com
Thu Oct 20 00:27:59 CEST 2005

In a message of Wed, 19 Oct 2005 13:26:30 +0200, Armin Rigo writes:
<snip>

>I think it's still correct to call them continuations, but I'm open to
>suggestions for a better name.  If the name suggests it's an internal
>implementation basic block, the better.

Gerald J Sussman and Drew McDermott called re-invocable continuations
'Hairy Control Structures'  :-)

I think the word 'continuation' has been used by too many people for
too many slightly different things.  Thus it is confusing because
people will think our continuations are like the ones they know from
some other place.

Maybe we need to not find another _noun_ but instead find a _verb_?

Laura