[pypy-dev] Re: even more import analysis

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Fri Oct 28 11:01:55 CEST 2005

Jacob Hallén <jacob at strakt.com> writes:

> torsdagen den 27 oktober 2005 23.17 skrev Michael Hudson:
>> So I've beaten at my importfun tool even more and now it can produce
>> an html report about the import (lack of) structure of PyPy; for an
>> example start here:
>>
>> http://starship.python.net/crew/mwh/importfunhtml/pypy.interpreter.argument
>>.html
>>
>> You might not want to look at the directory itself -- there's about
>> 10000 files in it :)
>>
>> I also think there are some bugs & omissions so I'll try to work on
>> this a little more tomorrow, but I've run out of time tonight.  Enjoy!
>
> To what extent is your tool usable in any Python project?

Currently, 'not very' -- in principle, it should work with any python
project that doesn't play too sneaky import games.  It had occurred to
me that I should probably try to clean things up and make the tool
more generally useful, yes :)

Cheers,
mwh

--
  <warner> my worst nightmares involve the alarm clock only
           ringing on mornings after I fall asleep on minutes