[pypy-dev] Re: [Python-logic] choco or constraint programming in java

Alastair Burt burt at dfki.de
Fri Oct 28 15:49:35 CEST 2005

Grégoire Dooms wrote:

 > cc-ing to pypy-dev as it is about a potential sprint.
 >
 > Nicolas Chauvat wrote:
 >
 >> During the last sprint we discussed sprinting in Belgium, which is
 >> central for the partners, but since organising without anyone inviting
 >> us was difficult, we postponed it.
 >>
 >> Do you think there would be interest at UCL for hosting a PyPy sprint
 >> and getting a chance to meet with the Oz folks ? I would like that a
 >> lot...
 >>

 > I talked with Peter Van Roy and its researchers and I must say they
 > are enthusiast about this idea. Hope it will work out.  The best
 > time would be between Jan 9th and Jan 30th (exams and 1week off for
 > the students).  I saw you will have a pypy project coordination
 > meeting in Bruxelles in January so an idea would be to connect those
 > two events.

I am not sure how this impacts the sprint date, but it looks like the
EU review for PyPy in Brussels may not be January. If there is
interest, the DFKI in Saarbrücken could host an event - either a
general PyPy sprint, or one just based around search and constraints
in Python. I would do my best to see if there is any interest within
Gert Smolka's Oz/Mozart/Alice group here in Saarbrücken, or from Denys
Duchier[1] down the road in Nancy.

-- Alastair

Footnotes:
[1]  He of the oft-cited exposition on continuation passing style in
Python - http://www.ps.uni-sb.de/~duchier/python/continuations.html