[pypy-dev] next pypy-sync meeting 20050915

Michal Wallace michal at sabren.com
Thu Sep 15 19:42:12 CEST 2005

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005, Beatrice During wrote:

> Just a short comment to your email Michael (thanks for your thoughts
> onj this matter BTW ;-):

:)

> One of the current major discussions about how to capitalize
> on Open Source as a business model is just that - learning/training.
>
> So I think you are on to something there Michael - both regarding the
> technical aspects and the project management/developer process aspects.
> Sprinting combines them both ;-)

Hi Bea,

I recently did a "sprint" in the form of
the pyweek game challenge. We hung out in
IRC for most of the week and made a game.
(Or at least a game engine, before we ran
out of time!)

To me it was an exercise in project
management but it was also a recruiting
tool: I wanted to see what it was like to
work with certain people before I spent
the money to actually hire them.

It worked well, and I plan to continue
using that model to screen potential