[pypy-dev] LowLevelDatabase instance has no attribute 'pyobjmaker'

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Fri Sep 23 17:54:53 CEST 2005

Hi Alexander,

On Thu, Sep 22, 2005 at 12:20:55PM +0200, Alexander Schremmer wrote:
> Looks like a bug to me. Or is print not supported in rpython?

Indeed, 'print' is only partially supported.  It is a priori supported,
but uses objects not supported by the annotator -- which become
so-called "SomeObjects".  This means that translating a print statement
produces C code that uses "PyObject *" variables from the CPython
run-time.  This in turn only works when building a CPython extension
module instead of a stand-alone executable.

See in targetpypystandalone.py how we work around this problem by using
os.write() for debugging purposes.

A bientot,

Armin