[pypy-dev] Re: [pypy-svn] r17783 - in pypy/dist/pypy/objspace/flow: . test

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Fri Sep 23 18:10:17 CEST 2005

Hi Ben,

On Fri, Sep 23, 2005 at 11:11:01AM +0100, Ben.Young at risk.sungard.com wrote:
> Just a quick question. Is mutating a list while iterating over it rpython?

Good question.  At the moment, it definitely works in RPython as it
works in Python.  I can think of a few optimizations that would depend
on not mutating a list during iteration, though.  It's thus probably
better to code the loop explicitely as a while loop in this case (which
produces the same code anyway at the moment, it's is just more verbose
to write).

> P.S Do you think there is ever going to be a sprint in London sometime as
> I would love to be able to come to one one day! I guess it's down to
> someone to organise a room etc.

Yes, I hope there will eventually be a sprint in London or at least in
England.  I know of one person who proposed to organize one; I'll let
him comment on this if he wants to :-)  Otherwise, it's indeed
relatively easy to organize a sprint.  A room with internet is basically
it, together with some hints and addresses for accomodation.

A bientot,

Armin.