[pypy-dev] Problem with current ReST snapshot

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Fri Sep 30 04:48:23 CEST 2005

Hi Holger,

while struggling with templates and OOo, I encountered a problem
when I tried toswitch to the recent docutils snapshot.
There seems to be some problem with mutually exclusive parameters.

I tried to track this down by reading the py library, but I have
to admit that I could not find the source of the problem in
reasonable time, because the related py modules have small
or no documentation how they gather their configuration and
how they process the input.

     def get_stylesheet_reference(settings, relative_to=None):
         """
         Retrieve a stylesheet reference from the settings object.
         """
         if settings.stylesheet_path:
             assert not settings.stylesheet, \
E                  'stylesheet and stylesheet_path are mutually exclusive.'
 >                  AssertionError: stylesheet and stylesheet_path are
mutually e
xclusive.

[D:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\docutils\utils.py:433]
====== tests finished: 212 passed, 9 failed, 14 skipped in 3.31 seconds
=======

I hope this makes some sense for you.

cheers -- chris