[pypy-dev] List and string in ootypesystem

Antonio Cuni anto.cuni at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 01:15:04 CEST 2006

Hi Niklaus,
you have just preceded me by about 2 hours... I would have sent a mail
about rlist anyway.

I've spent last days working on this topic: I tried to refactor the code
for making rlist type-system specific as rtuple, rclass and others
already was.
It has been a bit difficult because it was my first hacking in the
rpython directory: I had to read the sources carefully for understanding
in deep how things works, and I'm not sure if I have completely
understood the whole logic.

I've just committed my work in the
http://codespeak.net/svn/user/antocuni/pypy-antocuni directory. I'm not
satisfied of it because it is a bit messy and I'm happy to know that now
it's no longer needed because yours is surely better :-). By the way I
think it has not been a waste of time because it let me to gain some
knowledge of pypy's internals that will be useful in future.

Niklaus Haldimann wrote:

> I have two more days here at the Leysin sprint to work on lists. After
> that I again won't have much time to work on PyPy, so Antonio (or anyone
> else), you're very welcome to continue from here. I think the list code
> can serve as a good starting point for the other data structures. If
> there are any questions, I'm happy to answer them (if I can ;)).

Sure, I'll be happy to continue from here: it is much better than
starting from scratch as I supposed to do! :-)
I think you've saved me from a lot of headaches, thanks! Remind me to
offer you a beer the first time we meet ;-).

ciao Anto