[pypy-dev] Rtyping classes definitions?

Antonio Cuni anto.cuni at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 00:04:55 CEST 2006

Hi Niklaus,

Niklaus Haldimann wrote:
> There must be a misunderstanding here, the rtyping step is not at all
> missing. ;) If you look at rtyped graphs you'll see that instances (and
> classes) have low-level types of the ootype.Instance kind. These
> Instance types have a _field attribute that is a dict mapping field
> names to their low-level types. You should be operating with these
> Instance types not with ClassDefs, the latter are mostly an
> implementation detail of the annotation phase.

Yes, there was a misunderstanding :-).
I was searching for something containing the list of classes to be
rendered, but now I've understood that I should collect informations
about classes as long as I generate the code, that is the way gensqueak
works (I was looking at your sources just now).

Thanks a lot for your help, I'm sorry if I make you bored with my many
questions, I hope they will decrease as soon as I will get acquainted
with pypy's logic.

ciao Anto