[pypy-dev] rctypes design document

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Thu Apr 6 18:42:42 CEST 2006

Hi Gerald,

On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 02:58:22PM +0200, Gerald Klix wrote:
> yesterday I checked in the final version of the rcytpes design document.
> I am convinced I finally got everything right. Especially the management
> of keep alive pointers.

Thanks!  We progressed on rctypes quite a bit, and indeed we are
implementing a keepalive scheme very much inspired by the one you are
describing.  One difference (which we did not implemented so far) is
that structures and arrays that contain several pointers will likely
need one keepalive per pointer field or array item, to be able to keep
all stored pointers' target memory alive.

A bientot,