[pypy-dev] Re: Printing a Flowgraph

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Mon Apr 10 09:57:31 CEST 2006

"Brian C. Lum" <bclum at cs.ucsd.edu> writes:

> Dear Pypy developers:
>
> I was reading how you generate a flowgraph with Pypy from the
> getting-started page.  I was just wondering if anyone knew how to
> print that graph once it displays.
>
> I don't really have much experience with Graphviz.  Is there a way to
> save the graphviz file or print it to a .ps?

Well, the dot file will probably be lurking in /tmp/usession-*/
somewhere.  I don't know if there's an "official" way of getting hold
of it, though.

One you have the dot file, "dot -Tps flow.dot > flow.ps && lp flow.ps"
or whatever should work fine.

> http://codespeak.net/pypy/dist/pypy/doc/getting-started.html#trying-out-the-translator
>
> Thanks!
> Brian
>
> Just an FYI, if you want to try to follow the directions, they're a
> little bit outdated.  To run it (after installing Pygame), start the
> interactive translator:
>
> cd pypy/bin
> python translator.py
>
> and to view a sample code:

I'm not sure what you're referring to.  The docs you linked to look
correct to me (i.e. there is no bin/translator.py any more in svn).

Cheers,
mwh

--
  we're already scrubbing the face of intuition with steel wool,
  setting it on fire, then putting it out with an axe <wink>.