[pypy-dev] Re: Mixed modules for both PyPy and CPython

Carl Friedrich Bolz cfbolz at gmx.de
Wed Apr 12 21:13:46 CEST 2006

Hi!

2006/4/12, VanL <news-8a9e0fd91190ca at northportal.net>:
> There is one other issue which may be relevant: restricted python.
> Restricted python implementations recently showed up on the py3k list as
> a wishlist item - and they are wanted even for python 2.X.

Careful. "Restricted Python" (or RPython) means something very
specific in PyPy lingo. Restricted Python means that you stick to some
restrictions in your coding style to make type inference possible. See

http://codespeak.net/pypy/dist/pypy/doc/coding-guide.html#restricted-python

for more details. To your mail: security features are part of what we
promised to do to the EU, so there will be something happening in that
direction (even before November). I personally don't have any clue
what :-)

[snip]

Cheers,

Carl Friedrich