[pypy-dev] ext module testing modes

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Sat Apr 15 18:39:12 CEST 2006

Hi Holger,

On Sat, Apr 15, 2006 at 03:10:05PM +0200, holger krekel wrote:
> - test mixed module with std objspace (running on top of cpython)
>   (current default)
>
> - test mixed module with cpy-objspace connected to CPython
>   runtime via rctypes
>
> - test mixed module on top of pypy-c
>
> makes sense?

Sure.  Note that for testing we could also reintroduce a trivial object
space -- ouch! wait! don't hit!  I think this would be far simpler than
the previous "trivial" space because it wouldn't try to be nice with the
PyPy interpreter at all; it would always use the underlying interpreter.
For the same reason I expect the CPyObjSpace to look like our initial
trivial object space as well, without growing all the complexities.
Hopefully.

Armin