[pypy-dev] Re: Summer of Code 2006

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Mon Apr 17 20:37:07 CEST 2006

"Michael Hudson" <mwh at python.net> wrote in message
news:2mmzeklbwu.fsf at starship.python.net...
> If things are this way again, I suspect that PyPy would get more SoC
> slots by being part of the PSF (it's also less work :).
>
> In either case, I suspect the bottleneck would be finding sufficient
> mentors.

Neal Norwitz just posted this on py-dev:
---------------
We've only got a short time to get setup for Google's Summer of Code.
We need to start identifying mentors and collecting ideas for students
to implement.  We have the SimpleTodo list
(http://wiki.python.org/moin/SimpleTodo), but nothing on the SoC page
yet (http://wiki.python.org/moin/SummerOfCode).

I can help manage the process from inside Google, but I need help
gathering mentors and ideas.  I'm not certain of the process, but if
you are interested in being a mentor, send me an email.  I will try to
find all the necessary info and post here again tomorrow.  Pass the
word!  I hope all mentors from last year will return again this year.

Can someone take ownership of drumming up mentors and ideas?  We also
need to spread the word to c.l.p and beyond.
---------

tjr