[pypy-dev] Re: Summer of Code 2006

Jacob Hallén jacob at strakt.com
Mon Apr 17 22:50:00 CEST 2006

måndagen den 17 april 2006 12.44 skrev Michael Hudson:
> Niklaus Haldimann <nhaldimann at gmx.ch> writes:
> > Hi there
> >
> > Google is doing Summer of Code again this year:
> > http://code.google.com/soc/
> >
> > It would be possible to enter PyPy directly as a mentoring organization
> > this time, instead of going through the PSF. Last year, student slots
> > were given to mentoring organizations proportional to the number of
> > applications. If there are enough applications for PyPy proper that
> > might bring more students on board than taking slots from the PSF pool
> > as last year (but maybe PyPy's influence in the PSF is big enough, and
> > this doesn't really matter).
>
> If things are this way again, I suspect that PyPy would get more SoC
> slots by being part of the PSF (it's also less work :).
>
> In either case, I suspect the bottleneck would be finding sufficient
> mentors.

This is a list of plausible candidates:

Armin
Samuele
Carl
Michael
Arre
Anders L
Aurelien
Ludovic
Adrien
Holger
Eric

I think the only other ones who are familiar enough with the codebase to be
mentors are Christian and Richard, who are both too involved in other stuff
to be reliable mentors.

I'd suggest extending this weeks sync-meeting to give room for finding out who
is actually available and not too unwilling to be mentor. ;-) Making a list
of suggested topics would be on the agenda as well.

Jacob