[pypy-dev] Statically type-def-ing Python

Brian C. Lum bclum at cs.ucsd.edu
Wed Apr 19 07:38:51 CEST 2006

Dear Pypy group,

Let me start by thanking you all for being so helpful in the past while I
was learning to work with Pypy.

I am trying to do research on how to type-def variables in Python at
compile time.  I have been reading different papers on bounds checking and
static detection with scripting languages (for security), but I have not
been able to find a feasible solution with Python.

I was wondering if anyone knew some good references.  I honestly cannot
think of any way to type-def Python, except using heuristics to make
guesses at what a variable might possibly be.

Thank you in advance for your help,
Brian