[pypy-dev] Re: PyPy is flooding Genova :-)

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Thu Apr 27 12:03:37 CEST 2006

Antonio Cuni <anto.cuni at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi all,
> as the subject suggests, people seems to get interested in PyPy here
> at Genova's university, due to my thesis :-).

Cool!

> As a consequence next week I'll probably have a talk for introducing
> some interested people to PyPy.
> Since there is a number of introductory presentations I was thinking
> of using one of those instead of writing yet another one; the more
> updated seems to be the accu2006 one, right?

Probably yes.  If you have a more getting started with coding focus,
my sprint introduction from the PyCon sprint may be better.

> I've noticed that it has been written with Keynote: can someone send
> it me in a format I can open with OpenOffice or PowerPoint, so that I
> can add some slides specific to the CLI backend, please?

Oh right, yes, I'll check in ppts of both of these.  When I tried
before exporting ppts and importing into OpenOffice had some issues
with things like arrow heads, but I don't know if it was the import or
the export that was bad :) (I don't have PowerPoint).  They basically
worked, anyway.

> Moreover my supervising professor is considering the possibility to
> establish a more actual collaboration between my university and the
> PyPy project, so he would be glad to speak with someone of the core
> team about this.

Very cool!

Cheers,
mwh

--
  <exarkun> INEFFICIENT CAPITALIST YOUR OPULENT
            TOILET WILL BE YOUR UNDOING         -- from Twisted.Quotes